I managed to put the Cyclops back together and although it’s not perfect it has improved. It seems I managed to put the loose lens element back in the right place but it still needs some adjustment. I think the lens needs to start from slightly further around because I’m getting a dark area at the start of the swing. This means I’m losing about 1 cm of the 155 x 55 mm negative (could be worse!). There is some evidence of camera shake – the lens movement is fairly violent – but it would be a shame not to be able use it for handheld pictures.
You can also see a bigger version (edit – pic removed) and one other from this morning.
[Update: added a page (Feb '04) on the Cyclops].