Previously, I was a regular Associate Lecturer for the School of Theatre at Wimbledon College of Art teaching one day a week for over 10 years. This mainly involved working with BA level students on computer based design and visualization as well as making short films and animations. Along with the conceptual and design help, I taught Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, After Effects and 3D software. I also set up and ran the Starting Digital Photography course and Street Photography Workshops for Photofusion.
Group Exhibitions – Photography
- Contemporary London Street Photography – as part of the London Festival of Photography – King’s Cross Station, London, 1 June – 15 August 2012.
- Onto the Streets – Photofusion, London (July 2006) touring to Thessaloniki, Greece (Dec. 2006), Dubrovnik and Rijeka, Croatia (Feb / Mar 2007), Georgian National Museum, Tbilisi, Georgia (15-25 March 2007).
- London Independent Photography – London (2002, 2003 and 2005, 2007, 2010, 2011)
- Snapping Little Britain – Orleans House Gallery, Richmond (March / April 2006)
- Arrested Art – London (May and December 2002).
My photography has featured in many books and magazines including Street Photography Now by Sophie Howarth and Stephen McLaren, published by Thames & Hudson.
I co-authored and designed a book on making simple mechanisms and automata. This was published in 1998, reprinted a number of times and still available (Cabaret Mechanical Movement ISBN: 0952872900). more…
I’ve been freelance since 1992. Previously, I worked for Cabaret Mechanical Theatre and in the late eighties I was the Project Manager on a large CMT art project called ‘The Ride of Life’.
Many moons before that I was a Software Engineer. This partly explains how I recently produced an iPhone app.
MA Screenwriting and Screen Research (London College of Printing 1996)
Feel free to get in touch via the form below or send an email to Gary Alexander (garygaspwebcouk?subject=Contact from the website) .